Subject: [Leica]The new T-Max 400
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Jan 10 10:56:48 2008

Jeffery wrote:

>>Sharper and finer-grained than BW400CN? That is saying a lot!!<<

regarding

>> http://tinyurl.com/yun427 <<

Perhaps my Noctilux just became one stop faster! Maybe two if the new
TMax400 turns out to be a close substitute for TMax100.

Since I moved two years ago, and no longer have a darkroom, I've been
shooting mostly digital. But after fighting with yet another printer
issue I'm ready to set up my Focomat again.

Ink jet printers -- even very good models -- seem to work well for a
while. But then it seems they develop problems for one reason or
another. Sometimes it's the printer or ink. Sometimes it's software
related. Sometimes it's pilot error, i.e. I screw up a setting. I can
usually get things working well again, but it takes more effort than I'd
like. Color and BW each have their own sets of issues. I find it
difficult when I mix the two, in terms of both workflow and creative
mindset.

Sometimes I think life can't get simpler than a stainless steel tank;
three trays; a few bottles of developer, stop and fix; and a light in a
can. Throw in a thermometer and a few other handy items like film and
paper, of course.

I also need to acquiesce to the fact that I'm really a bw photographer.
Sometimes I think I just waste my time when I shoot color. I'm glad
they're still working on improving film :-).

DaveR

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica]The new T-Max 400)