Subject: [Leica] Epson 4880, Quadtone, Imageprint
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Mon Jan 14 06:50:20 2008

Any advice from the lug would be helpful with the following questions.

I'm thinking of getting an Epson 4880 printer. I want to print my scanned
black and white negatives. I want a neutral black and white. I don't want
colorcast. A friend prints with Imageprint and gets a magenta colorcast.

Has anyone been able to get a neutral black using Imageprint with the new
Epson K9 inks?

Quadtone is much cheaper, does only black and white I understand, but is
able to get neutral blacks for much, much less than Imageprint.

Has anyone used Quadtone on the Epson 4880?

And finally, has anyone been able to get neutral blacks with the Pro
software from Epson?

Thank you for your help.

Doug Nygren