Subject: [Leica] LUG The Year of the M8. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 17 19:07:12 2008

>>Right on, Ted - I've always told beginning photographers that the best
zoom they have for their camera is their FEET!<<<<<<

Hi Gary,

I always think, if I take even one step closer when possible the picture
potential is going to improve. You learn this and eventually it becomes as
simple as breathing, you don't think about it, you just do it!

Move left or right? Yep after you've shot the initial image moment that
motivated you to go click!

Does this assure a better and more perfect photograph? NOPE!

But it makes you look and think and see "maybe" something a tiny bit better!

And that "tiny bit" is what lifts a shooter out of the "not bad photo" to
the exclamation of .. "HOLY COW INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPH!"

So I leave this with the very simple question of? "WHICH DO YOU WANT TO BE?"
Nice picture. Or the above exclamation?

Hell nobody remembers who came second and it's no different in photography!

It's first place or no place!

And if first place means I take one pace forward, left or right I sure as
heck know what I'm going to do!

ted