Subject: [Leica] Experiences Elmarit ASPH 28 vs IV generation E-46?
From: LUISRIPOLL at telefonica.net (LUISRIPOLL@telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Jan 19 07:47:53 2008

Hi all,

On a local shop said me that the Elmarit 2,8/28mm IV generation (E-46) is a
better lens than the new Elmarit ASPH 2,8/28mm.

I've read some reviews of Erwin Putts and some discussions on Photo Net, and
it seems that the ASPH has improved the distortion, but it is no so crisp
and sharp as the previous one, at least at big apertures.

Does anyone experienced and compared both?, the new ASPH is really compact
and this is for me a great advantage, as well it is E-39. IMHO sometimes the
reviews are under a "top technical level" difficult to appreciate on the
everyday work or use of a lens.

TIA

saludos cordiales

Luis