Subject: [Leica] Blog
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jan 20 12:54:35 2008

> At 04:09 PM 1/19/2008, you wrote:
>> Tina If you think of it and care to tell us about Leica glass choices for
>> the trip!
>>

>> Mark William Rabiner
>> markrabiner.com
>
> Hi, Mark -  The Canon stuff is all packed but I haven't packed the
> Leica stuff yet because the grandkids will be here today and I'll be
> using it.  Here's what I'm planning to take, though:
> 21/2.8 (maybe - haven't decided about this one for sure)
> 24/2.8 ASPH
> 35/1.4
> 35/2.0 ASPH
> 50/1.0 Noctilux
> 75/1.4
> 90/2.8 - the big silver one
> Maybe the 135 but I haven't decided about that one yet either.
>
> And the 15 Voigtlander.  I'm taking the M7 and 20 rolls of Provia
> just in case something happens to my M8.  I'm pretty sure the lens
> I'll use the most is the 35/1.4.  That's the one that stays on my M8
> most of the time.
>
> On the Canon 5D, I imagine I'll use the 85/1.2 most - even though
> that combination is huge!
>
> My Leica stuff will all go in a Lowepro backpack with my computer and
> the Canon stuff is in the roll-on Delsey.
>
> Thanks for asking!
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley
> ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
> http://www.tinamanley.com

A refreshing list as it seems most of the discussions on the LUG has been on
the buying of third party glass. And  no one seems to  consider for a second
the fact that we're using the camera system with the best glass by far in
the world and then we don't use the glass.
My Leica lens list too would only contain one non Leica lens.
The 25 f4 Scopar with special Guess-to-matic focusing which resides on my
Bessa L as a kind of wide backup camera semi disposable.

And I also consider my 135mm to be a very useful focal length for my M
system.
My 35 is the Summicron ASPH
My 75 I don't have. Someday but I think the new small one.
Its history which hasn't gotten around to happening yet.
21 and 24 ASPH's big but basic pieces of  enabling gear for me.
They were expensive but when I reach into my camera bag for one a little
voice does not cry out asking for more money.
You'd bring 2 35's!!?
The 50/1.0 Noctilux I'm with you on as well of course. A Leica edge.
And my 90 is the new one but I kept my old one which is the Elmarit current.
And have even used it recently. You don't get F2 very well with it but its
almost one less Tylenol at night.

If you were buying stuff now would half your stuff be Cosina Voigtl?nder and
Cosina Zeiss?

Its of course impossible to put one selves in that position. In effect.
The past.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Blog)