Subject: [Leica] leica added a spare room to my house!
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Jan 21 04:52:16 2008

i "used" my darkroom for the last time on friday evening when a young woman
from south carolina who'd answered one of those "darkroom free to good home"
ads i've been putting up forever, drove up to cart off the rest of my
equipment; a 4x5 enlarger and related junk which had been gathering dust
since 2001. i realized that i hadn't been IN that room since 2003 at least.
what lives of excess some of us lead to have whole wings of our homes shut
down and dissused like the sealed off rooms of some great gothic pile in
Dark Shadows ... but as i stood there, asking her about her 4x5 as her
boyfriend dusted off the enlarger and started the laborious process of
dragging it up the stairs, i saw things in the darkroom that i'd long since
thought lost or destroyed, a jacket i'd been looking for for months,
paintings and framed prints i'd forgotten about -- and now, all this space!
like a secret room discovered! and not only that, it contains a forgotten
stereo!

i've heard that manhattenites often dream that they've found a new room
hidden in their small apartments, behind a cupboard or behind a loose tile
in the wash room and here! here we have a spare room, free with the purchase
of a leica d300 -- what a deal!

kyle

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] leica added a spare room to my house!)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] leica added a spare room to my house!)