Subject: [Leica] It's a film camera! Rangefinder at that!
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Feb 2 00:30:16 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 8:55 AM, G Hopkinson <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> The linkage to the front, which looks to be relatively flimsy, I assumed
> was just for retraction as on the folders I have here.

Yes, it does look flimsy and that is what suggests, for me, that it is
a rangefinder part rather than a part that is intended to lock and
stabilize the extended lens.

I'm
> struggling to imagine how the coupled rangefinder you mention works. Do
> you have a model number I can search on for one of the
> originals?

I think you can go after the Makina Plaubels. They'd probably be the
easiest to find descriptions of.

You can't see it unless you know what you are looking at:

http://www.rus-camera.com/camera.php?page=other&camera=iskra

But on the Iskra, with the camera in your hands ready to use, at the
bottom left is an arm that goes back to the rangefinder. But you can't
really see all of it, just a part that sticks out, because it goes
under the bellows instead of over.

I hope they don't waste money on developing "A" exposure for this. A
reliable shutter and aperture is enough.

Daniel