Subject: [Leica] Lightroom on 8-core Mac Pro
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Mon Feb 4 10:05:47 2008

The thing flies.

On my 2-year old AMD Opetron dual core workstation, it took about 4 seconds
to load one M8 DNG file, and perhaps a second more to export to jpeg files.

Now, I can export 100 images in less than a minute, and rendering of a DNG
file on screen is nearly instantaneous.

Pretty amazing considering that my old workstation cost not much less than
the new Mac Pro, even after owning computers at home for nearly 30 years.

Ok, the machine cost more than what it would cost to upgrade my M8, but I
get far, far more joy (and productivity, ahem) from this upgrade.

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Lightroom on 8-core Mac Pro)