Subject: [Leica] Lightroom on 8-core Mac Pro
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Mon Feb 4 15:48:56 2008

Just browsing through the photographs and adjusting colours, I rarely see
the CPU load go above 20%.

I just did an experiment, creating 50 jpegs from M8 DNG files took less than
a 40 seconds, and the CPU was usually around 50% busy.  I have a feeling
that I am constrained by disk I/O.

I thought of going cheap and get a single quad core processor, but the
reduction in price ($500) is so much less than what the chip costs on the
street, should I decide to go 8-core.