Subject: [Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Feb 4 15:26:08 2008

Richard did you ever see the thread on the user forum where the guy
disassembled his M8 and photographed the process? Horrendous!
Old school mechanical perfection, it ain't ;-)
Back when I was involved in aircraft and weapons engineering  processes, we
had a standing joke, quoting a technical writer who
blithely stated that such and such a new system upgrade and integration
"would only involve some sheet metal work and some simple
software changes". Believe me, developing, integrating, implementing and
certifying upgrades to any technical object like the M8 is
no trivial process.
cheers
Geoff