Subject: [Leica] IMG "kids..." !
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 11 13:32:43 2008

Steve Barbour showed:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/kaliavalon.jpg.html
<<<

Hi Steve,

Interesting attempt. I think I know what you're trying to do, tying child
and Frankie Avalon together. However, the child being so far out of focus
actually becomes a distraction as though you made a photo taking mistake.

Sorry old buddy but that's sort of what it feels like. And I don't know how
to correct it as we see it.

Maybe a smaller aperture to allow for a bit more depth of filed sharpness to
the patient or what.

But of all your classics I don't feel it works and while doing a serious
cull of images I bet this would get cut!

Quite honestly I'm interested in seeing what others say, as I can be totally
of the wall wrong.

And you for secondary thoughts on the photo?

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG "kids..." !)