Subject: [Leica] Any Opinion about leica Elmarit 135 R ( Made in canada )
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sun Feb 17 12:28:43 2008

Hi Ali,

I have the later 2nd version and it is a fine lens. Certainly not apo
quality but good enough for me.
This portrait was made wide open:
http://michielfokkema.wordpress.com/picture-a-week-2008/week-05/
For the M I have the first version which is almost the same as the
second version for M and the first version for R. I have nothing online
from this lens but I have a bunch of slides. This lens is also good
enough for me. They say that the third version for the M which is the
same as the second version for R should have sharper corners than the
second version. I have both so I can test this but have not find time
for it.
If you want to check which version it is you should look at the rear
element. I'm no sure which is which but if you search a bit on the net
you'll will find it.
BTW: are you aware of Erwin Puts book on lenses? Unfortunate it is out
of print. fortunate you can download it her
http://www.imx.nl/photo/ebooks/paypal.html  and donate if you wish.
BTW: I've started to scan my Tehran slides now. Some good pictures will
come.

The price is oke or even low.