Subject: [Leica] in which kyle posts a HASSELblad image
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Feb 24 07:01:47 2008

So, just the other day, I was out with my Leica 500/cm which I've
accessorized to the point that it now has a strap, the image isn't backwards
when you look into it, and there's a focusing tab on the lens. it still has
no light meter, but we're getting somewhere ....

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/i-can-has-hasselblad-1.jpg

one thing i noticed when i got my FLIM back is that i'd often focused about
2 inches behind the eyes. would a split image focusing screen help me with
this? should i spend another $50 on this gadget? (or is that a doodad?) or
should i spend $50 on FLIM and practice more? i've been thinking of spooling
some 35mm fuji color (which i have crates of) onto a 120 roll, which would,
technically, mean i'd only be paying to get the stuff developed, BUT then
scanning becomes an issue, which brings up question #2:

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHOTOSHOP ACTION THAT REMOVES THE ORANGE MASK FROM FLIM?

if so, i'd just digitally photograph my negs and invert them. otherwise i'd
have to find someone with a flatbed and a negative whatnot. it's all getting
so complicated. why do you think they call it a HASSELblad?

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] in which kyle posts a HASSELblad image)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] in which kyle posts a HASSELblad image)
Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] in which kyle posts a HASSELblad image)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] in which Kyle posts a Hasselblad image)