Subject: [Leica] in which Kyle posts a Hasselblad image
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Feb 24 22:33:19 2008

> So, just the other day, I was out with my Leica 500/cm which I've
> accessorized
> to the point that it now has a strap, the image isn't backwards when you
> look
> into it, and there's a focusing tab on the lens. it still has no light
> meter,
> but we're getting somewhere ....
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/i-can-has-hasselblad-1.jpg

Meter knob 40 bucks. Replace your crank with a knob with a meter in it.
It just comes off you have to look real hard to find the little catch.
I got both of mine years apart for that amount.
Same innards as you find in a Rolleiflex TLR F.
In other words a Gossen Pilot.
Batteries are not required.
IT works on solar energy.

Which means not so great for inside but I've found if I just add a stop to
dark readings it works out ok.

Kind of turns your Hassy M into a Hassy LTM.
The way you wind it that is.
Less obtrusive and aggressive.
All in the wrist.

Most of all its cheap, compact and it works.
And they're easy to come by.
You may need to buy more than one to get one which works.

The EV way of working is really fun. And easy.
Pretty soon you want other cameras which work that way.
Like old Voigtl?nders.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (dlridings@gmail.com) ([Leica] in which Kyle posts a Hasselblad image)