Subject: [Leica] in which kyle posts a HASSELblad image
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Feb 24 19:58:13 2008

Ken, I think because Kyle was asking about digitising (35mm!) negatives by
photographing the negative directly (with a Leica D200 I
guess), then use a PS action to remove the mask after inverting the image. I
have no idea if this is possible, But surely the
quality loss would be great. But the intent apparently was to avoid using a
scanner. So Kyle's mooted method is to load bulk 35mm
colour neg film into a 120 camera, followed by digitally photographing said
35mm negs with an APSC DSLR then applying juju with PS.
SWEET BARKING CHEESE! Did you have some magic tofu when you thought this up
;-)
I would think that scanning 120 film with an inexpensive Epson or Canon
flatbed might be the simplest option for using that 500C/M,
if conventional printing is not viable. Take a look at say the BW work of
Daniel or Nathan for BW 120 negs scanned with flatbeds.

Cheers
Geoff
Who is probably completely wrong and unlike Kyle has never sold a bazillion
photo books.