Subject: [Leica] tax question...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Feb 28 16:32:54 2008

Talk to an accountant. Otherwise, if they haul your sorry ass for
incorrect tax form, don't blame us...

Generally speaking, in the end, there would be just one line in the
Schedule A that says

Photographic Supplies:  $265,439.12

You may and should have supporting worksheet that breaks it down
further. It's a good idea to keep your receipts forever, but at least
5 to 7 years, whatever the figure supposes to be.

When it comes right down to it, it only matters if the IRS asks you
to provide proof. So if you keep rounding up $.25 purchases to $10,
you may have a problem then.

If you actually have net income (for the photo stuff), the sanest
thing to do is to give the accountant the box of receipts and pay
them $$$. It would be worth it. Even if you incur net loss now, it
probably still is the sanest thing to do, because it would be only a
matter of time that you will make money than Anne Geddes or whoever
that babies in flowers person is.