Subject: [Leica] Frog Pond photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 2 20:35:12 2008

Elizabeth showed and asked:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Frog Pond photos

>  I'd love to get some feedback on them:

Hi Elizabeth,

Not bad at all and as Tina said, 7245 & 7555 were also my choice before I
saw her post.

One of two things, either use a longer lens in some cases or get closer.
Although without skates you probably couldn't. Not that I'd want to be on
ice with skates or no skates. :-)

7315 Frog Statue. Given that it's there and you shot it. May I ask why you
didn't make better use of it in an attempt to show frog  and skaters? After
all, aren't these people skating on Frog Pond? :-)

7299. Next time you make use of this shot crop the kid off on the left side.

7543. Crop the orange pylon off on the right side as we look at the picture.

Overall?

Hey no one goes to an even like this and comes home with all perfect
pictures. Trust me no one is that good.

Best part? You made the effort to shoot not the easiest subject in the
world. moving people on ice skates is not a piece of cake to shoot any time.
But you picked off a couple of very good ones as said above.

ted

Replies: Reply from elizabeth at reid.org (Elizabeth Reid) ([Leica] Frog Pond photos)