Subject: [Leica] New DSLR combo smaller than a M6
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Mar 7 03:38:30 2008

Tina

I don't know how my name got below Davids post, but it doesn't matter. I
would just like to say that my original point was not Oly E-420/Pancake vs.
M8, but I just stated that this new DSLR combo is smaller than a M6.

I said I'm tempted, because I would use such a camera as upperclass
autofocus point & shoot (instead of a Ricoh GR-D or Sigma DP-1), but not as
replacement for a digital rangefinder (I have the R-D1, not the M8). The
R-D1 is sometimes a bit big (as well as the M8 would also be) for taking
with everywhere & anytime, especially on heavy bicycle hikes with a lot of
altitude meters. With bike gloves and -glasses manual focusing can be a
pain... There, the Oly could make sense for me.

Didier

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] New DSLR combo smaller than a M6)