Subject: [Leica] re: rat temple
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Mar 9 15:25:29 2008

At 05:50 PM 3/9/2008, you wrote:
>I hate those darn tourists that always seem to sneak in and ruin
>great moments/photos....    They are so hard to crop out......
>
>Looking forward to seeing more... ( photos... not tourists...)      : )
>
>Duane (who often would love to scream "Get out of my photo, you're
>ruining this great moment") Birkey

Duane -

There was not a single foreign tourist at the temple when we were
there.  All of the people in the photo are Indians who are there to
worship the rats.  I'll admit there were young guys in jeans and
baseball caps carrying cell phones, but these days they can't be
defined as tourists!  If any foreign tourists appear where I happen
to be, I usually put my camera up or concentrate on close-ups.  We go
out of our way to avoid tourists and groups of any kind.  I agree
with you that nothing is more frustrating.  (However, photos of herds
of tourists do sell well as stock!)  As for the close crop on the
top, I'll see if I have another one with more room.  I took quite a
few, but the rare white rat is only in five or six. ;-)

Thanks.  I appreciate your comments!

Tina