Subject: [Leica] re: rat temple
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 9 15:58:45 2008

Duane Birkey offered:

>> I hate those darn tourists that always seem to sneak in and ruin great
moments photos    They are so hard to crop out......

>> Duane (who often would love to scream "Get out of my photo, you're
ruining this great moment") Birkey<<<

Hi Duane,

I do the reverse.

As though I'm a person doing a job and need some clean space. In this manner
you catch them off guard before they've got time to think you are getting
them out of the way. If one doesn't act in this fashion then the damn
tourists get all uppity and go completely stupid mouthing off and attempt to
get more in the way. Then you have the mouthy ones, "Who the hell are you
buddy I want to get a picture you know."

And as quick as you can return with, "Oh please be my guest and get your
shot. As we're working not holidaying. Thank you."

Or I ask with an authorative in command voice but polite ask, "Please excuse
us for one clean shot thank you."

But your voice must sound like you are a special shooter and not a tourist!
Works about 99.9% of the time.. Providing they understand English! :-) Or
whatever one speaks.

ted