Subject: [Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Mar 10 15:38:00 2008

George, I must admit that I am trained as an Engineer:  it is either
practical or of no use ( to me).  Ask my wife.. it drives her nuts.......

I am pretty one tracked.......

The point I was making is that you must evaluate todays product offerings as
a total..... you can not have a modular system with this sensor, that FW,
the other filter glass and a fourth ( or is it fifth?) motor drive.  You buy
a complete product.  Evaluate THAT complete product.

Do not try to guess what they will do next.. that is a big pitfall.   Only
judge what they have out now, and what you might buy at the time of your
purchase.  Technology, sex appeal, and business plans alter the rational
thinking you may do to guess what company x is going to do in the next
generation.

Just for fun......
Technology.... CMOS vs CCD.... Depends on the latest technology breakthrough
Sex Appeal..... More Pixels = Better Marketing appeal.. it is easy to
compare C to N.
Bus Plans.. We are broke.. go make SOMETHING that works that we can sell

Back to my one tracking........

PS... And why do you think CMOS is a cheaper technology than CCD?  It is,
after all, the chip size and volume ( and time to market and greed) of
manufacture that usually determine the majority of the cost, not technology.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

While much of what you present below has elements of practical truth
- I don't find it useful.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent done)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don)