Subject: [Leica] March contest is open
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Mar 11 17:08:50 2008

One aspect that doesn't seem to be well recognized is that Brian intends the
theme to focus the entrants however instructs the judges to completely
disregard relevance or interpretation of the theme when looking at the
photos. If they observe that instruction, that means that anyone may enter a
photo of any subject they wish, disregarding the theme completely. My
personal view is that the relevance or interpretation of the theme should
form part of their assessment. Otherwise I think it makes the concept of a
theme redundant. But hey, maybe that's why I usually thought my
interpretation was at least thoughtful but my entries always tank! All of
that said, Brian owns the saloon and sets the beer prices.
Cheers
Geoff