Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Mar 12 09:58:42 2008

I don't think there's any new animal in the forest.
The forest has always had liars, charlatans, propagandists, those who
wish to deceive, sell and/or hype beyond reason.

Whether firmly grounded in "extension of vision" photography or
"painterly concepts" photography; a sincere, intelligent and
dedicated artist can express form and content that rings true to
human experience and causes a viewer of the work to feel and
appreciate the subject of the work.

Having just finished Sherman Alexie's little 2007 book "Flight;" I'm
reminded and amazed at how fantastic fiction (whether literature or
film) can cause one to "feel" and "understand" reality - often at a
deeper level than reality itself. Likewise for the finest documentary
work - whether written, filmed or photographed.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com