Subject: [Leica] Lens kit for Europe
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Mar 25 16:08:00 2008

Ted Grant wrote:
It should be remembered people like HCB didn't carry a half dozen cameras as
he popped about Paris doing his thing. There's more to be said about using
ones photographic eye with one camera than the option of grabbing a choice
of two or three. :-)
So Gene old buddy when you read this and Sonny's comments it might be a
couple of thoughts to consider. :-)
One M8, a couple of lenses and shoot everyone's butt off!:-) Go for it! :-)
I double dare you! :-) :-)
================================================================+=====

That's my view as well.  Unless you're on assignment.  On a recent personal
vacation in DC I took only a CL w/40mm and an Oly XA for the pocket.  Worked
out great IMO.  If this makes you too nervous, then throw in a 90 or 28.
I'll never forget a trip I took to the Loire Valley back in the 70s -- 2
Leicas, a Pentax, about 8 lenses and other junk.  I spent more time fiddling
with camera bags and gear than taking pictures.  I feel I could do fine on
any trip with a 40mm.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE