Subject: [Leica] LR 2.0 Public Beta Released
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Apr 3 14:14:01 2008

Wade,

It also strikes me that this is something that can be done outside any
image-editing program. It's meta-data so it should be relatively
straightforward to write a program that would run over any image file
and re-write the order of the keywords. I freely admit I don't know
how Windows works and how this kind of meta-data is stored, but it
almost seems like a trivial job if the tools to expose the keywords
are laying at hand. The difficult part would be running over all the
images to create the basic list of keywords, giving it to Tina in a
form she could easily sort, and then tucking it away. After that she
could elect to do EVERY image on her computer, or a folder, or a disk
and it would just reorder the keywords since they're just text. Could
probably do it in Python even or Perl if she didn't mind sorting the
keywords in a text editor...

hmmmm

Adam