Subject: [Leica] Selling gear
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Apr 9 11:25:08 2008

Gary,

He came across to me as not totally joking about the guitar thing as he
said something like "Its not what it used to be".

To me it is not the same at all...the news guys here are as likely to
carry a video camera as a still camera...that aint photojournalism!
Moving pictures do not count. ;)  Seriously...what it takes to tell a
story in one frame of a still image and what it takes to do so with
video are very different things and not everyone is good at both.

This talk made remember old days doing news/sports and watching TV Last
night when the UT women won the NCAA title...in 1993 I covered the
womens title game in Atlanta for UPI when Texas Tech won.  In reading
the news story about the UT win this morning I saw that this young lady:

http://www.pbase.com/2plus2/image/32936996
http://www.pbase.com/2plus2/image/32936861

Still holds the record for the most points scored in a NCAA tournament
with 177 points total,  she scored 47 points in the title game alone!

Those were good times and in a way I miss those days, but with the
status and shape of news photography today I'd not go into it again...it
just is not the same.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography