Subject: [Leica] new LUGger sails into harbour
From: joannesimpson2008 at btinternet.com (JOANNE SIMPSON)
Date: Mon Apr 14 11:15:28 2008

Hello,
I am brand new to the Leica system, but finally bought the M8 I have coveted
since it came out. I never touched a Leica before, have had it a week and it
is truly the most amazing camera I have ever handled. It's so incredibly
intuitive - it feels just as solid and real as a Hasselblad - only half the
weight and twice the speed with :-( batteries...
I am, I confess, a long-time HUGger (and tree-hugger, but enough about
that), and it's great to see so many familiar names cross-posting. I still
love the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, but sometimes you need to drive a DB9...
Here are some test shots from my first weekend back in 35mm. Strolling
around London Zoo and London Underground on a typical April (rainy) day
watching the watchers. I'm afraid some of them are still square, and I'm not
quite ready for colour yet...
Nice to meet you all.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/corvus76/20080412_M8
Joanne Simpson