Subject: [Leica] new Lugger sails into harbor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Apr 14 12:07:31 2008

> Hello,
> I am brand new to the Leica system, but finally bought the M8 I have
> coveted
> since it came out. I never touched a Leica before, have had it a week and
> it
> is truly the most amazing camera I have ever handled. It's so incredibly
> intuitive - it feels just as solid and real as a Hasselblad - only half the
> weight and twice the speed with :-( batteries...
> I am, I confess, a long-time HUGger (and tree-hugger, but enough about
> that), and it's great to see so many familiar names cross-posting. I still
> love the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, but sometimes you need to drive a
> DB9...
> Here are some test shots from my first weekend back in 35mm. Strolling
> around London Zoo and London Underground on a typical April (rainy) day
> watching the watchers. I'm afraid some of them are still square, and I'm
> not
> quite ready for colour yet...
> Nice to meet you all.
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/corvus76/20080412_M8
> Joanne Simpson

So nice a new LugNut with a URL to click on and check out as words along
don't always cut it.
Shines a light on what's going on.

Loved your shots Joanne! Some have the "authority" a shot gets with the use
of a tripod. That supposedly not a Leica thing but I always say
"its always what you don't think".

"HUG" also means Hasselblad Users group and that and squares and that's what
I thought you were coming from when I skimmed through  your email the first
time through.

Rangefinder cameras are slower in some ways and faster in others.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com