Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses and Olympus E-510
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Apr 14 16:28:46 2008

> Folks:
>
> I haven't been active here for several weeks but hope that no one will
> hold it against me.
>
> I'm thinking of getting an E-510 to use with my Leica R glass.
>
> The automatic internal stabilization and sensor cleaning appeals to me
> along with the focus confirmation features.
>
> But it also appears that since the sensor is smaller than the 1:5
> versions and is 10MP, that there's a good chance of noise over 200
> ISO... does anyone know about this?
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it with one of the many
> Olympus/Leica R adapters.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> jim Hemenway

Its not 1.5 X it 2 times and yes this does make noise an issue and city
shooting at night much less of a big bang full of fun as your results will
look great as long as you keep them the size of a biz card.

Sensor cleaning to me is no big deal just blow on it.
My sensor on my D40x for some reason has never shown a spot on the sensor.
And it was no cleaning.
But my other body has. The D200x. I have to be really on that and hate to
change glass in the fired as I don't have my blowguns handy with the red
skinny spigots.
20.7mmx13.8mm cut out of the 24x36 size it was designed to deal with!

Seems a big of a waste. As half the money you're spending on this otherwise
not lightweight Leica glass is for the consistency of field right out to the
edges. You're way into the sweet spot.
Any half wit glass is sharp in the very center.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Leica R lenses and Olympus E-510)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica R lenses and Olympus E-510)