Subject: [Leica] FS: Leicaflex SL2
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 20:44:16 2008

someone please talk me out of doing this!

My Leicaflex SL2 bodies are not getting any play time.  Sitting on the shelf
is BORING and will give them arthritis...  but I don't see myself using much
film any more.

Here's what I've got:

a) Leicaflex SL2, silver chrome, CLA'd about 3 years ago by Leica USA with
meter re-calibrated for 1.5-volt silver-oxide battery.  Also has SL-type
microprism viewscreen (no split-image thingie).  Has minor crapes and rub
marks, no significant dings.  Not a shelf queen, a splendid user.

b) Leicaflex SL2, black chrome, CLA'd last year by DAG.  Also has
re-calibrated meter and SL-type viewscreen.  As with the silver chrome body,
it has minor wear and rub marks.  A great user.

Neither camera's meter needle illumination lamp is working, but this might
be a battery issue.  The SL2 meets the old Leitz standard for toughness.
US$700 for either body plus shipping.  Or talk me out of this.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] FS: Leicaflex SL2)