Subject: [Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs M8
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Apr 20 16:53:48 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> Hi Len. Thanks for sharing your conclusions. Clearly you have made
> considerable efforts. There are quite a few different points for
> consideration amongst all of this. Optical principles, sensor
> characteristics, test methodology and parameters, assessment
> criteria and
> method etc etc. I'll stop now before Dr Ted gets cranky ;-)
> As a practical matter you need to be satisfied with what works for
> you.
> Everything else is theory.

With a rangefinder camera what you see and what you capture are
independent.  Yet one should predict the other. If not, you have a
problem.  Interesting that the costly Noctilux, used at its limits, is
the most likely scenario where you may find such a problem, an
expensive one.

So it pays to fix it, done...

now back to taking photos.

Steve