Subject: [Leica] OT: Cheap, very cheap digital camera needed...
From: tarek.charara at pix-that-stimulate.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Mon Apr 21 02:30:48 2008

Dear list,

The UNESCO asked me to hold a photography workshop for 15-17 year
old. The subject is "Cultural Reconciliation for Lebanese Youth".
The UNESCO has a VERY limited budget and I was wondering what kind of
camera would be adequate for this kind of workshop...
The classes will have about 30 students and I was thinking of having
them work in pairs. That makes 15 cameras + 1 for myself.

The camera should not cost more than 150 USD. Cheaper would be
better. The picture quality should be ok for 50x60cm prints that will
be shown at an UNESCO exhibition. It must be digital, film is out of
the question.

Any ideas? I was also considering using the camera maker as a sponsor...

Tia!

All the best from the south of France!

Tarek

Tarek Charara