Subject: [Leica] Cheap, very cheap digital cameras needed
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Mon Apr 21 18:02:08 2008

at the recommendation of this group i got 2 for my kids.
they do take pretty good pictures, but are a bit flaky.

the first was doa out of the box.  samsung replaced it.
the second died about 8 months later, but my 10 year old
was using it a lot and carrying it around in his backpack.
samsung promptly replaced it with the smaller and nicer s860 which,
if not speaking well
for the product's reliability, does say the company does do
the right thing by its customers.

i'd look for one at circuit city or a retailer so you can
exchange if it's doa.

-rei