Subject: [Leica] Cheap, very cheap digital cameras needed
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Apr 21 20:40:13 2008

Rei Shinozuka wrote:
at the recommendation of this group i got 2 for my kids.
they do take pretty good pictures, but are a bit flaky.
======================================

Rei, I've had mine for a year and it goes in my pocket or a small shoulder
bag every day.  My daughter had one too but she dropped it face down with
the lens extended and that ended that!  To be fair, I've also had a $200+
Canon go down after a year or so for no known reason.  I guess the idea here
is that it's a $69 camera and if it goes, it goes.  That was one of the
reasons I got it.  But point taken -- it's a cheap camera and not a Land
Rover.  I paid $99 for mine, and if it went south tomorrow I'd think -- well
$99/365 is 27 cents a day for each day I used it.  Such a deal!!  With film
it would be more like 27 cents a *shot*!

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE