Subject: [Leica] Another Door Closed to Photography
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jul 11 22:26:38 2008

At 11:52 PM 7/11/2008, Lottermoser George wrote:
 >We (at least the younger among us) may very well see the day
 >when street photographers will require a permit and show just cause.
 >
 >One's only hope in these times is to hone one's people skills
 >and develop trusting relationships in those places we wish apply or
 >craft.

Oh, George, I think not, at least under this
current Supreme Court.  Given their magnificent
ruling in the DC Gun Case, they are hell-bent on
preserving individual liberties or, at least,
five of them are so inclined.  The other four
would sell your gun rights down the river with
your right to photograph in a public place.

Of course, a private restaurant is NOT a public
place, and the owners of the property may do as
they wish.  Kroger grocery stores have had a
corporate policy at least since the 1930's
preventing such, and this is their right.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Another Door Closed to Photography)