Subject: [Leica] Another Door Closed to Photography
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Jul 12 08:01:14 2008

Perhaps if we as photographers develop a lobby with the size, money
and power of the NRA we can also protect our freedoms. As it stands
at this moment, and looking at the trends, I'll maintain my position.

Our rights will continue to dwindle. Photographers will more and more
need press passes, property permits and subject releases (unless they
want to work with a point and shoot, a soccer mom and two kids by
their side at all times - in other words - underground with camo).

I have first hand knowledge of being "stopped" on three occasions
because I was working in public with professional gear. It severely
dampens one's creative energy. Frustrating. Embarrassing. And it will
get worse before it gets better; unless we actively defend our rights.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com