Subject: [Leica] Another Door Closed to Photography
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan)
Date: Sat Jul 12 00:32:31 2008

I hope not. I am 47 and hope to photograph many more se?oritas in my
lifetime.

Having said that, sometimes ill-behaved photographers are the cause
of restrictions. I was in the Prado in Madrid last weekend. During my
previous visits photography had always been no problem as long as you
did not use flash--very reasonable and a sensible precaution in a
museum with 400-year old paintings on the wall. Right after I had
shot one of the PAWs I posted yesterday, a guard approached me and
said that all photography was forbidden. I told him that I thought
that the policy only said that flash was forbidden, but he told that
while flash-less photography indeed used to be allowed, so many
idiots violated the no-flash rule that the museum was forced to enact
a general no-photography rule.

There are often two sides to a story...

Nathan

On 12-jul-2008, at 5:52, Lottermoser George wrote:

> We (at least the younger among us) may very well see the day
> when street photographers will require a permit and show just cause.
>
> One's only hope in these times is to hone one's people skills
> and develop trusting relationships in those places we wish apply or
> craft.
>
> 'tis a very sad time.
>
> I know one very fine photographer who's given up the craft due to
> lack of access
> various harassments by official and pseudo-official individuals, as
> well as many state and national parks now requiring permits (if
> you're a professional).
>
> Fond regards,
> George
>
> george@imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>

> On Jul 11, 2008, at 10:23 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
>
>> LUGGERS,
>>
>> I dropped by our local Burger King tonight to grab some sandwiches
>> and noticed a new sticker on both the outside and inside of the
>> entry door.  It said, "No Videotaping or Photography Permitted".
>> This was apparently added recently.  While I have never seen an
>> occasion necessitating photographs there, I suspect it is posted
>> because they have a separate play area for small children, and
>> parents are getting very sensitive about photos of their kids.
>>
>> Jim Nichols
>> Tullahoma, TN USA

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain