Subject: [Leica] Results of July 2008 LUG photo contest
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri Aug 8 09:28:55 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Brian Reid wrote:
> This month there were 11 judges. We get a different number of judges
> every month because not everyone can do it every month. Three of the
> judges declined to evaluate a few of the images because those images
> had the photographer's name on them. 4 of the judges are not members
> of the LUG, 5 are current members, and 2 are ex-members. I very much
> like the winning photograph.
>
> Every month I am surprised by the results of the judging. I don't
> think that my own first choice has ever made it into the top three.

yes Brian, if that is widely true , it would be sweet if the contest
encouraged discussion of the entries. Further, if the deliberation of
the judges were evident, discussion could lead to some real insight
and learning...

thanks, Steve

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Results of July 2008 LUG photo contest)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Results of July 2008 LUG photo contest)