Subject: [Leica] IMG: Corn Fields
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Aug 9 15:36:24 2008

I always look at every photograph posted (unless the links don't work for me
or are very slow) and try to make meaningful comment where a photo or group
of photos impresses me. Often off-list. Impossible to comment on everyone of
course. Apart from anything else, people can feel that you are posting too
frequently. Hey, if you higher profile folks feel that you don't get much
response, spare a thought for the rest of us mere mortals. I put about 28
photos up recently. A handful of people were kind enough to say a couple of
complimentary words.
Maybe we all just need to put 'Mac' in our message header to stimulate a
response. Seriously though, every single person that is discouraged by lack
of response should make an effort to comment on someone else's work. "nice
job" is always welcome but detailed opinion is something to learn from.
My two cents anyway.
Oh and the cornfield shot is technically impressive with enormous depth. The
24 works superbly on the M8. Classically I might like to see a person in the
foreground there more prominently. Or otherwise another object of attention
closer to the lens. Something for the eye to lock onto or be led into the
shot with. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e