Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sun Nov 2 06:33:18 2008

There is a perfectly sound technical reason for it to be better for the IR
filter to be on "the other side" of the lens with rangefinder lenses. Until
a new type of sensor assembly is designed this will remain the case. A new
sensor type will also be needed to be suitable for a so called full frame M,
AFAIK nobody is researching this since the market would be too small for the
R&D ever to get paid back.
There is no way round this whether people like it or not. We can not repeal
the laws of physics.
For my requirements the M8 is the best camera I have ever owned.
Frank