Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sun Nov 2 07:01:58 2008

I don't think I have seen a single fact which supports any of the statements
you made here, though you are not the only one who has stated them.
I recently looked at some of my 5 year old digital files using Lightroom 2.
It certainly is easier to mess around with but does not have any significant
improvement to the algorithms to which you refer as far as image quality is
concerned.
A few lenses can reach the limit of current digital sensors, most can not,
so any theoretical benefit film may show (only slow B&W in fact) is entirely
theoretical and rarely realised in practical photography.