Subject: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue Jan 13 20:45:15 2009

and that "something" may be a very personal "something"

at a certain level - when we're talking about
cameras in the $5K and up range
and
lenses in the $1.5 - $6K range
it seems very apparent that these "something" qualities
become fairly subtle and subjective trade-offs
and thus subject to personal needs and aspirations.

I have no doubt that if I was shooting a wedding a week
I'd jump all over the current Nikon system and its hi ISO performance.
and
If I was dedicated to studying and capturing
wild life I'd sell my soul for a 280 f:4 apo telyt for the DMR.

At least a couple of us, on this list
are currently trying to figure out the best way
to regain perspective controls, while maintaining fine details
on digital sensors.

And the list of personal pursuits goes on and on.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com