Subject: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue Jan 13 21:19:39 2009

pixel peeping
and
12x loupe peeping
and
16 x 20 and larger
is where the real fun begins
(especially if it's a photograph we really enjoy looking at)

this is where the distance between us
gets in the way - what fun it would be
to have a big shoot out
with our big fancy guns
all pointed at the same target
and big calibrated monitors to look at the results
all of us standing around saying things like,
"oh I now see what Doug meant about the apo-telyt;
and oh yeah I now see what Chris meant by 36,000 is the new 400;
and yeah Jayanand was right about the N 85 1.4 looking as good or
better than 80 lux;
but not so right about the N 180 2.8 up against the 180 apo elmarit."

However, the best we can do without getting together
would be to say,
"photograph a human face in sunlight at 3 paces with your 180 2.8 and
I'll do the same."
We'll submit them at 100% and see what we see.
or
we could just use the time to photograph what we love with equipment
we enjoy using

;~)

Fond regards,
George