Subject: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 20:04:53 2009

Chris Williams

> ...  I know some of my prime Nikon lenses give Leica a run.

No disrespect intended, but every time I've taken remarks like this at face
value (be it Nikon or Canon) I've been disappointed.  There may be certain
aspects of the (N, C) lens that rival the performance of a comparable Leica
lens but the total package isn't there.  It might be color quality,
distortion, flare, bokeh, handling... something has always been missing.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3)