Subject: [Leica] QUESTION????? Kodachrome RIP
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:06:14 +0000 (UTC)

The answer on the slow ISO sensor, was to shoot wide open in bright light.?
I am shooting mostly with a D300 today (sorry), which has a base ISO rating
of 200 and does not perform optimally below that, but it does have 1/8000th
shutter speed so that would get you just down to f/2.8 in sunny-16
conditions.? The note on the ND filters was correct and on my to-do list is
to buy a couple of ND filters for the more likely lenses.

I, too, wonder about our Kodachrome memories being better than reality?? I
need to dig out the projector and some old slides this weekend and see.?
Perhaps we weren't looking for the same thing "back then," either?? I have
been asking myself whether the habit of pixel-peeping at 100% or more has
warped our expectations.? I don't think anyone expected to be able to cut
themselves on a 8x12 foot projection?? Dunno, memory is a tricky thing.

John

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] QUESTION????? Kodachrome RIP)