Subject: [Leica] WAS-NOW M8 & 3986 E-MAILS :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:07:30 -0700

So I go away for some real R&R without phones, computers and any connections
to the drivels of world politics only to return to a collection of 3986
e-mails!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!
Not all LUG, but the majority are. Jeeeeeeeeeshhhh don't you folks take
pictures anymore??????
I see a mess of ... good -- bad & uglies on the M8 and some moisture but
never got past the first dozen???? before my main computer decided it had
enough and is in the shop giving the technical folks fits trying to save
everything. No I don't have a clue whats wrong as I wouldn't understand
anyway.... I would just like it back fixed! So that blew away part of the
R&R relaxed feelings..
Got a front tooth broken off next, by accident ... a hell of a mess first
day home! Trust me not a pretty sight! So much for another part of R&R !
Yeah there's more, :-) The left knee kind of went out of line or whatever,
so x-rays & limping are the name of the game for a few days. Oh and that R&R
holiday???????? No comment!

Now the M8 screwed-up story posts? Not mine, it's working beautifully, high
humidity and a shower day it's still clicking like a Swiss watch! For the
few posts I did read before the "black-out" it seems people who don't own
nor ever tried one are the most belittling of the camera, yes at the
beginning my main bitch was and still is cost. However, have you priced any
new Mercedes lately? If you can't afford the camera, just live with it, what
the hell's the difference from it and an automobile you can't afford either.
Move on, go take pictures with whatever gear you have.
However, when you can afford an M8, M9 whatever version, you'll absolutely
not be sorry with the incredible results. And for heaven sakes stop making
comparisons between film and digital, wet trays and printers, get over
it!!!!!!!
They are completely different animals like cows and horses! One isn't any
better than the other in the hands of a talented photographer or darkroom
person.
Save your breath and go shoot pictures! Oh yeah and if you do it in the rain
drops do please have an assistant along to hold an umbrella it does help!
;-) Ask Sandy Carter! :-) Oh yeah and don't worry if they get wet as their
job is to keep you and camera dry! So tell them.... "Stop whining and keep
me dry!" :-) You can always make it up later with a hot coffee or single
malt scotch! ;-)

That's all for now until I get my machine back to read what the other 3980?
post have to say! Have a nice day and a wonderful picture taking weekend!
cheers,
Dr. ted? :-)