Subject: [Leica] More about Leitax
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:32:16 -0400

Steve,

>>This time it was done for the Summilux 50mm 1.4 ROM to Nikon mount,
using the leitax adapter.. This was easier and quicker  than the
first, the Summilux 80mm 1.4...<<

I've converted a 90/2.8, 28/2.8 and 50/2. All three are later model
(just prior to ROM). The 90 and 50 were a 10 minute job to convert. The
28 was a nightmare (of my own making).

At times I wish I'd gotten a 50/1.4 and converted that instead of the
50/2.  Part of the reason is that I had a 50/2 back when I had R7s. I
wasn't too happy with the first 50/2 I owned. It never impressed me like
other R lenses (using film back then).

I sold it and bought another 50 more recently from KEH. I was still in
the 'try and see if I like it' phase of using R lenses on my D700 and I
didn't want to spend the extra money for the Summilux. The good news is
that I'm pretty pleased with the 50/2 I now have. I've even shot film
using an FM2N and the 50/2 R is pretty sweet (though maybe not as sweet
at the 50/1.4)
:-(.

Dave R

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] More about Leitax)