Subject: [Leica] See the video about the M9 at Solms?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:50:27 +1000

Dennis the matching of the sensor to its board is performed by Jenoptik and
there is no insight in that video as to Jenoptik's processes at all.
What is the issue in your opinion with the shimming process?. It is a Leica
response to the criticality of sensor placement to extract the best from the
lens performance. Leica are using very modern precision measurement
processes that report the shimming adjustments needed and down to one
hundredth of a mm increments at three points. I would be very surprised if
any other camera company works to that level of accuracy. Can you provide
examples of how it should be done differently?
You might like to read some of the reporting that has surfaced recently
regarding the digital back  sample variations in high end medium format
cameras for comparison.

--
Cheers
Geoff