Subject: [Leica] Thousand of street photographer's negatives found after her death.
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 08:04:02 -0400

Jim Shulman wrote: "This is precisely why I fear the passing of film:
can you imagine anyone
> finding these as digital images in a storage locker?"

I agree with Jim. Not only will the negatives not be around for future
generations, but there aren't going to be photographs in shoe boxes for
them to find.

A lot of stored digital images will simply disappear.

This is not a reason to give up digital, but it behooves us to print
and print and print, especially family photos and others we cherish. In
a few years, they will be locked away on our hard drives which few will
venture to open.

Top of the day from sunny New Haven where we're supposed to be having a
Nor'easter, but none's to be seen--Doug

Replies: Reply from photobynelsch at gmail.com (Bill Nelsch) ([Leica] Thousand of street photographer's negatives found after her death.)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Thousand of street photographer's negatives found after her death.)