Subject: [Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:46:22 +0000

My WATE works fine on the M9. I always assume a lens with an exit pupil
extremely close to the sensor will be too extreme to be compensated, so the
15mm CV almost certainly won't work, though I took a few shots with my 12mm
and it seems not bad, I preferred uncorrected. Depending on the subject the
shortcomings may not be noticed at all. It was pretty obvious that the Zeiss
21mm f4.5 would be unsuitable for digital, thank goodness they have
eventually said so, I think it is pretty unfair for Zeiss and CV to sell
customers lenses suitable for film not digital and not make it clear on the
packaging.
Frank